Lectures about food safety

I do lectures about food safety and environmental problems associated with food production. Recently, my focus has been the over-use of antibiotics for animals, like pigs and cattle. Did you know that these important drugs are used as "growth-promoters" and as a result, many dangerous bacteria are getting resistant? As salmonella, campylobacter, E coli and other bacteria get resistant, common diseases will increasingly become very difficult to treat.

At Japan Offspring Fund, we produced a video about antibiotics.

Please click here for more info about the Japan Offspring Fund video

Other issues that interests me are genetically manipulated foods, hormones and pesticide use in agriculture. I also like to talk about solutions. For example, there is a growing market for organic foods in Japan. I recently went to the Food-Ex, a huge show with foods from almost all countries in the world. It was so interesting to see that organic foods are now becoming more and more popular. I think it shows that consumers are getting sick and tired of worrying about food safety!

Please click here for more info about my lectures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa