Kamikaze to Croydon at the Tokorozawa Aviation Museum in Saitama

Today, I went to the Aviation Museum in Tokorozawa, Saitama prefecture, to give them a copy of my novel, Kamikaze to Croydon. I bet they were a bit surprised. I had not called ahead, which I should have done, and I have no calling card (meishi) to explain the details of my endeavor.


所沢航空発祥記念館 Tokorozawa Aviation Museum


They kindly accepted my book for their library, and we had a lot of laughs. I suggested that they do a more thorough and large exhibition of the 1937 flight.



I also mentioned that at Croydon in London, they had a proper display of the arrival, with lots of photos and more, while here in Japan, there is no such thing.

Click here, and you can purchase my novel Kamikaze to Croydon on Amazon



Iinuma Masaaki is a promising young pilot from the mountains of Nagano, Japan, who only has thoughts of flying for the Morning Sun newspaper. When he learns of a prize for the first aviator to fly from Tokyo to London in under 100 hours, he knows he has the will to make it, just not the way. Suddenly his newspaper approves the purchase of a new aeroplane capable of going the distance. But can he overcome his fears, find a navigator and take the last great aviation prize even while the world marches ever closer to war? A novel based on the thrilling true story of two friends who try to break the last great aviation record before the world goes to war.


And while we are at it, I have to say, are we not so very lucky and fortunate to have survived the Heisei Period with peace here in Japan.

Comments

Again Wilder said…
Martin,

Good for you, and good for the book! I just ordered myself a copy to see what it's all about.


Kamikaze to Croydon を次のお届け先へ発送します Ken Elwood 発送元: Amazon Japan G.K..
お届け日: 2019年1月24日



Thanks in advance.

ken

www.againwilder.com
Martin J Frid said…
Thanks AW, and hey, I like your Blög a lot.
Again Wilder said…
Book is here!

Nerves of steel.

Cheers.

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa