Thursday, September 04, 2008
End Of Summer...
> Summer... I'm trying to not complain... I just survived another summer here. Today was so humid. Sunny, temperatures in the 30s. I'm ok, I tell myself.
Natsukashii ;o) I remember it being a running joke with natsu in Japan - "might be scorching, humid and sweat a constant problem but ANYTHING is better than 'summer' back home.." Those dept store aircons - yaaa!
> I had to go to Waseda and try to be fresh at the Consumers Union office. I only go once a week, so... From Hanno to Waseda is about 1 1/2 hours. I had an extra t-shirt in my bag, so I put that on, after a quick wash in the toilet. I think I was ok there, but later in the evening I did "stink". Oh well.
One small thing I was blessed with is I've never sweated that much generally. Sure, the deodorant has to be radioactive strong but otherwise ok. And that is saying something in Tokyo, ne.
> By now, Sweden is all gloomy fall and the end of civilization. October in Sweden can be nice, but nothing like what we get here. You will really arrive at a perfect time. I'm making plans with some people, you should be having a rather nice time. So happy we will meet again. Thanks for making the trip.
Arriving at a 'perfect time' - sugoi. Still autumn/fall etc lilting into winter. Gonna be good.
> Having said that, lets not spend too much money. I'm on a rather low-budget life as it is.
Blogs I Like
- Ad B: Japan Navigator
- Adventures of a (Swedish) Salariman in Tokyo
- Amy: Blue Lotus
- Boing Boing: Wonderful Things
- Brendan: UNU OurWorld 2.0
- Hiroko & Rick: Itadakimasu
- Jared B: Tokyo Green Space
- Joan: Popcorn Homestead
- Jon: Toshogu or As I See Japan... From L.A.
- Justin B: The Rational Pessimist (Climate & Risk)
- Kat: Food Adventures in Japan
- Ken: KenElwood in semi-rural Japan
- Mari: Watashi to Tokyo
- MTC: Shisaku
- Otakimura: In The Pines
- P: Pacific Islander
- Peko Peko: Kyoto Foodie
- Richard H: Spike Japan
- Risa & Kirk: Savory Japan
- Robert: Pure Land Mountain
- Shizuoka Gourmet
- Ten Thousand Things
- Tom: Kitchen Garden in Japan
Links I Like
- News: About Sweden in English
- News: BBC
- News: Der Spiegel (Germany) in English
- News: Deutche Welle
- News: FT Asia (UK, EU)
- News: Kyoto Journal (Japan)
- News: NHK World Society & Others (Japan)
- News: People's Daily (China)
- News: Telegraph (UK)
- News: The Local (Sweden)
- News: Yomiuri Online (Japan)
- News: Yonhap (Korea)
- NGOs/News: Organic Consumers Association (US)
- NGOs: Amnesty
- NGOs: Consumers Union (US) Food
- NGOs: Consumers Union of Japan
- NGOs: Greenpeace
- NGOs: Greenz.jp
- NGOs: Japan for Sustainability
- NGOs: Japan Organic Agriculture Association
- NGOs: Japan Vegetarian Society
- Shops: Alishan Organic Center
- Shops: Eco to Waza (GreenJapan)
- Shops: Warabe Mura
- Stuff: Japan Probe