Survey: Have You Ever Spent Time On A Farm?


One of my posts recently on Treehugger.com about farmstays and World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms caught the eye of Lloyd Alter, one of the best writers on that juggernaut blog, who promptly had the good sense to create a survey:

Survey: Have You Ever Spent Time on a Farm?

Results so far:

Have you ever spent time on a farm?

I have never been on a farm. 12% (54 votes)
I belong to a CSA (community supported agriculture) and go regularly. 5% (20 votes)
I have worked on farms. 67% (290 votes)
I thought food came from supermarkets. 6% (25 votes)
Other (in comments) 11% (47 votes)
Total Votes: 436

Any thoughts?

From the comments:

it was the only place in my life that i don't remember my brother or i ever saying "im bored!" there was ALWAYS something wonderful to do, whether it was stomping through the ice that formed on the ponds in the mornings (late fall, lol) or playing hide and seek in the corn (still one of my best memories!) or foolishly climbing the hay bales in the barn, or watching the piglets, or helping my uncle gather eggs, or exploring the woods and Roanoke river with my grandparent's 5 BIG dogs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa