Celebrity Kaori Manabe, who has earned a name for herself as a "blog queen," acted as a judge in the "Podcasting World 2006" competition here in Tokyo this week, according to The Mainichi:
Manabe, who began a podcasting program in May, said she wanted to make her own podcasts more lively.
"I want to get ideas from everyone's work, and liven up my podcasts," the 25-year-old said.
Podcasting is a service enabling Internet sound recordings and videos to be heard and viewed on portable players such as Apple's iPods.
There were a total of 362 applications in the contest, and Manabe joined three other judges. The top prize went to "Tama Tankentai" (Tama expedition team), a podcast produced by the Tama expedition team at Chuo University. The podcast will be aired temporarily on "Podcasting News," a podcasting site operated by Internet firm Nifty, which sponsored the contest.
Appearing at the event on Thursday were Manabe, fellow judge Mika Naito and the operators of the podcasts that made the final selection.
Manabe introduced the three rules of podcasting: "Update the podcasts regularly," "Individuality is important," and "Have fun."
During the event, Manabe was asked, "Haven't your blog updates been lagging a bit recently?" As a "blog queen," her reply was uncharacteristic: "I've been playing lots of video games lately and can't update it," she said. "Maybe I should cut down on video games."
Did I mention that she is very cute, too?
Blogs I Like
- Ad B: Japan Navigator
- Adventures of a (Swedish) Salariman in Tokyo
- Amy: Blue Lotus
- Boing Boing: Wonderful Things
- Brendan: UNU OurWorld 2.0
- Hiroko & Rick: Itadakimasu
- Jared B: Tokyo Green Space
- Joan: Popcorn Homestead
- Jon: Toshogu or As I See Japan... From L.A.
- Justin B: The Rational Pessimist (Climate & Risk)
- Kat: Food Adventures in Japan
- Ken: KenElwood in semi-rural Japan
- Mari: Watashi to Tokyo
- MTC: Shisaku
- Otakimura: In The Pines
- P: Pacific Islander
- Peko Peko: Kyoto Foodie
- Richard H: Spike Japan
- Risa & Kirk: Savory Japan
- Robert: Pure Land Mountain
- Shizuoka Gourmet
- Ten Thousand Things
- Tom: Kitchen Garden in Japan
Links I Like
- News: About Sweden in English
- News: BBC
- News: Der Spiegel (Germany) in English
- News: Deutche Welle
- News: FT Asia (UK, EU)
- News: Kyoto Journal (Japan)
- News: NHK World Society & Others (Japan)
- News: People's Daily (China)
- News: Telegraph (UK)
- News: The Local (Sweden)
- News: Yomiuri Online (Japan)
- News: Yonhap (Korea)
- NGOs/News: Organic Consumers Association (US)
- NGOs: Amnesty
- NGOs: Consumers Union (US) Food
- NGOs: Consumers Union of Japan
- NGOs: Greenpeace
- NGOs: Greenz.jp
- NGOs: Japan for Sustainability
- NGOs: Japan Organic Agriculture Association
- NGOs: Japan Vegetarian Society
- Shops: Alishan Organic Center
- Shops: Eco to Waza (GreenJapan)
- Shops: Warabe Mura
- Stuff: Japan Probe