Green TV Japan


I know I have a few English teachers reading my blog from time to time, perhaps looking for topics for lessons or picking up ideas for the class room. Environmental education, anyone?

Do have a look at Green TV, a great idea with streaming videos such as Tsunami: Green Belts, or Crude (about oil) with Japanese subtitles. There are many Japanese-language videos as well, including a lovely documentary about "Living with forests". I like the interview with Takanaka Akiyoshi, who talks about poetry and how people express their deep feelings for nature - and how words, in the form of poems, can live for 500 or 1000 years.

There are also many videos from Earth Day Tokyo in April, 2007, which I really enjoyed, and wrote about here. Now you can watch Green TV's Part1, Part2, Part3 and Part 4 (with Fuji Rock Festival and Greenpeace Japan). I love they way these videos let lots and lots of people appear with their messages for peace and "green" planet.

I would also like to recommend the video (in English/Swedish, with Japanese subtitles) about Wetland Protection by Helge å (literally "Holy River") in Kristianstad, Sweden, near my birth place. 1700 hectar of wild bird protection. So happy to see that particular success story being shown all over the world.

The Green TV Japanese website is ambitious, with some big sponsors in addition to the UNEP, Greenpeace and the Japanese NPO Sloth Club or slow life partners.

Complete list of videos here.

Let me know if you use it, and how the reaction is among the students!

English website here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa