I want to ride my bicycle

On P's blog I found this statistics which I think is interesting. He says that according to the VCÖ (traffic club Austria), Denmark ranked highest in the average number of bicycle kilometers ridden per person in 2006. The average distance cycled by Danes was 954 kilometers. Japan ranks very high at 354 km per person, actually higher than Sweden, where people cycled 277 km per person. In the US, bicycles are apparently not very popular - Americans cycled 33 km per person.

Actually, the only reason I quote these stats is because I want to post the link to this classic bicycle promotion video by Queen. Oh, and do enjoy the Segway scene in this hilarious video by Weird Al Yankovic, while we are at it. Any more bicycle references in music videos, anyone?

Update: Pink Floyd (1968) Bike (Having visited and worked in Brussels many times I appreciate this mad "time travel" video) - Thanks P.

Comments

Pandabonium said…
That Queen video reminds of the girl who rode her bicycle down a cobble stone street, got off, and said "I'll never come that way again!" (sorry about that)

There was "Bike" by Pink Floyd which can be found on youtube - not very good though. Also, "Acoustic Motorbike" (oddly enough about a non-motorized bike) by Luka Bloom. Only thing I could find of that was a sample clip on Amazon.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa