Rare Flowers In Niigata

In mid June, a rare flower blooms in Niigata, and people who like to pay attention to such things, come and visit, from far away.

The Oze Preservation Foundation website:

http://www.oze-fnd.or.jp/

When I recently visited Yuzawa, I was told that Oze is the place to see the white mizubashou, and I just adore that simple, terrific flower. It grows wild only in the certain environment here in north eastern Japan.

The Oze-area extends over 4 prefectures:
Fukushima,
Tochigi,
Gunma,
Niigata





I was told that many people know the lovely enka tune of Oze, so do tell me, which is the version you like.










Comments

Unknown said…
I really like them too. But, they grow in Miyagi and Iwate as well (that I have actually seen). And if they grow here, they probably grow in Akita and Yamagata too.
Tom O said…
This reminds me of a 'flower', it may be the same genus, that blooms beautifully - so to speak - every ten years BUT exudes an incredibly foul smell/stench!!

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa