Skype sold to eBay

Skype, the free Internet telephone service, has been sold to eBay. I'm so upset about that news, actually. I remember when Hotmail was an independent company, and it was great. Then it got sold, and now it is crap, just full of advertising and stupid announcements. Another example is Babel Fish, a translation service. Recently, when I use it, I get the most idiotic ads from Yahoo, who thinks I want to play "Chicken Invader" and other infantile games. Stop wasting my time!

I think this "dumbing-down" of the Internet is incredibly annoying. I understand that some large companies want to make a huge profit, but do they really have to treat the users as teenagers?

Skype has 600,000 users in Japan. Since its launch in August 2003, Skype has been downloaded more than 163 million times in 225 countries and territories. Fifty-four million people are registered to use Skype’s free services, with over 3 million simultaneous users on the network at any one time. It remains to see if Skype will survive. Sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa