Ayako Uehara


This is just great. NHK has a wonderful classical music program every Sunday evening, and I was impressed tonight by her performance: Ayako Uehara was the soloist. And on YouTube I found much more... Her performance with the NHK Symphony Orchestra conducted by Charles Dutoit, Tchaikovsky piano symphony numner one, NHK Hall, Tokyo, December 3, 2004.

Please enjoy...



Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Comments

Pandabonium said…
Tchaikovsky piano concerto #1 is of my favorite pieces. The Kashima Philharmonic performed it in December of 2005 with Janka Simowitsch as guest soloist. I wrote of it in my blog's December 2005 Archive. Of course, that was a community orchestra with a young, if talented, pianist.

Uehara is excellent on these you tube clips. I'll have to listen to more of her performances.

Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

鵜の目鷹の目 Essays from Japan

Al Gore in Japan

Climbing Mt. Fuji At Night?