Healing Art


This was my very first oil painting. I will show it and other works at the Alishan Organic Center in December. I loved the way the paints felt, like they had a life of their own under the brush. It was a remarkable discovery and I went on to do several other canvases.

More recently, I found that acryls also give me some of that sense of "instant creation" where thinking, planning, and the brain's intellect is sidelined. OK, ok, ok. Pure and simple. We are calling this the "Healing Exhibition" and you are all most welcome. It is my third exhibition in 2007. Produced by Yamazaki-san.

The Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica) is the best known species of Camellia. It is a flowering shrub or a small tree native to Japan, Korea and China. The Camellia includes the plant whose leaves are used to produce tea (Camellia sinensis), as well as the several species grown widely for their flowers and handsome foliage.

Alishan Organic Center is located in Hidaka City where the Kanto Plain meets the mountains; we sit over-looking the meandering Koma River.

185-2 Komahongo, Hidaka-Shi, Saitama-ken, Japan, 350-1251
Tel: 0429-82-4811 Fax: 0429-82-4813

Olive Cafe
Bokuryuutei

Comments

Pandabonium said…
Oooo I like it. The texture of the paint is wonderful.
Martin J Frid said…
Thanks for noticing! I used a brush and also a knife to get that effect. That painting has been stored away for about 15 years, so I do enjoy seeing it on public display at Alishan Organic Center in Koma, Saitama.

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa