Thanksgiving - Orion



Thanksgiving - when I saw Orion against the clear black sky tonight, I felt happy, and inspired to say "thanks" that I'm living in a place where the air is clean and I can be inspired by the greatness of stars.

And thanks for reading my blog!

(Click to enlarge for a bigger "wow")

Comments

K and S said…
that is so cool! thanks for sharing. I wish I could see more stars in Osaka.
Anonymous said…
Wow, great pic!

I sauntered out to our local park at 3am Sunday morning and caught sight of a few of the Leonid meteors and even saw the blur of Comet Holmes. I never was able to see so much from downtown Tokyo. The clear air and sparkling night skies here in the upper Tama River area are real treat.
Pandabonium said…
WOW!

A favorite part of the sky for me. Orion's belt is loaded with great objects for viewing with a telescope or binoculars. Even great with the naked eye.

Thanks for this post and an interesting and informative blog.
Anonymous said…
I always enjoy seeing Orion in the winter time in Oregon. Sometimes I see it in the summer if I wake up early enough.
Martin J Frid said…
Waking up early is not one of my best traits. How about staying up late enough?

Popular posts from this blog

鵜の目鷹の目 Essays from Japan

Al Gore in Japan

Climbing Mt. Fuji At Night?