I found a bunch of jokes on The Oil Drum to cheer everyone up as oil prices reached $95/barrel:
Two economists find themselves locked in a basement. They're not sure what time it is, because it's dark and they can't read their watches. They think it's nearly dinner time, cause they're starting to feel hungry. But they're not worried; they are not starting to panic - because they know that their demand will create sandwiches for them!
Two economists are stranded on a small deserted island. No observable food ready to grab and eat. No water (...) There are some raw materials: rocks, trees with leaves (no ripe coconuts), sand and they have their clothes as well as eyeglasses. In short order the economists establish a monetary system between themselves and begin exchanging futures options using sea shells as their tokens. At the end of the first day they proclaim it to be "good" for they have created a robust "healthy" economy.
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.
Q: Why did God create economists?
A: In order to make weather forecasters look good.
Definition of an Economist: Someone who knows a little math, but doesn't have enough personality to become an accountant.
Q: How many economists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: None, the invisible hand will do it.
Blogs I Like
- Ad B: Japan Navigator
- Amy: Blue Lotus
- Boing Boing: Wonderful Things
- Brendan: UNU OurWorld 2.0
- Hiroko & Rick: Itadakimasu
- Jared B: Tokyo Green Space
- Joan: Popcorn Homestead
- John T: Temple Valley Times
- Jon: Toshogu or As I See Japan... From L.A.
- Justin B: The Rational Pessimist (Climate & Risk)
- Kat: Food Adventures in Japan
- Ken: adams guild in rural Aichi and Nagano
- MTC: Shisaku
- Mari: Watashi to Tokyo
- Otakimura: In The Pines
- P: Pacific Islander
- Peko Peko: Kyoto Foodie
- Richard H: Spike Japan
- Risa & Kirk: Savory Japan
- Robert: Pure Land Mountain
- Shizuoka Gourmet
- Ten Thousand Things
- Tom: Kitchen Garden in Japan
Links I Like
- News: About Sweden in English
- News: BBC
- News: Der Spiegel (Germany) in English
- News: Deutche Welle
- News: FT Asia (UK, EU)
- News: Japan Agri News
- News: Kyoto Journal (Japan)
- News: NHK World Society & Others (Japan)
- News: People's Daily (China)
- News: Telegraph (UK)
- News: The Local (Sweden)
- News: Yomiuri Online (Japan)
- News: Yonhap (Korea)
- NGOs/News: Organic Consumers Association (US)
- NGOs: Amnesty
- NGOs: Consumers Union (US) Food
- NGOs: Consumers Union of Japan
- NGOs: Greenpeace
- NGOs: Greenz.jp
- NGOs: Japan for Sustainability
- NGOs: Japan Organic Agriculture Association
- NGOs: Japan Vegetarian Society
- Shops: Alishan Organic Center
- Shops: Eco to Waza (GreenJapan)
- Shops: Warabe Mura
- Stuff: Japan Probe