George Harrison: Long, Long, Long

There is a quaint pub in an old kura here in Hanno. Ginga 銀河 can mean Milky Way or galaxy, nice name for a place that I like here in town... Silver River...

Incidentally, in the Ginga loo, she has a poster that I was always wondering about, of Bob Dylan and just tonight I found out that it is the poster for a film called Renaldo and Clara.

I like how I found that - I was listening to George Harrison's masterful tune Long Long Long (from the 1968 White Album) and someone wrote that the chords are the same as Bob Dylan's Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands, from that film.



LONG, LONG, LONG

It's been a long, long, long time
How could I ever have lost you
When I loved you?
It took a long, long, long time
Now I'm so happy I found you
How I love you
So many tears I was searching
So many tears I was wasting, oh oh
Now I can see you be you
How can I ever misplace you?
How I want you
Oh, I love you
You know that I need you
Oh, I love you

George Harrison-The Beatles

In fact, one of George's very best. A very sad, truly amazing love song, to god. Thanks George. I wish we had artists like you and John and Paul and Ringo to inspire us. It's been a long, long time since popular music carried that depth of feeling to millions of listeners. But I'm a believer, music always prevails!

Here is the Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa