With a lot of humour, and a great sense of compassion, we get these old manga stories from Japan's Old Tales.
Manga Nihon Mukashii Banashi
An old lady is trying to do good, bringing some rice from her small field to a local lord. Seems like we are talking about paying local taxes, right?
Her humble offering is rejected.
It says something about the way we feel, as we pay taxes.
Those who rule, don't they tend to enjoy their wealth, at our expense?
The old lady is really sad, as she returns to her house.
Meanwhile, the seven gods from the local lord, are disgusted by his ignorance.
He rejected her humble seeds, and threw them to the chicken...
The seven gods decide to depart, and make an effort to move to the house of the old lady, in the cold winter...
She invites them to her simple abode.
There is a certain glow...
And the poor seven members that used to occupy her altar, will move, as they are no longer wanted. Where do they go? Never seen the seven old gods look so decrepit, nothing like their usual glorious display...
How about that old guy, who called himself "lord" and was the head of the village, taking advantage of his position. This is what he ends up with, in the old Mukashi Banashi.
Blogs I Like
- Ad B: Japan Navigator
- Amy: Blue Lotus
- Andrew: Wild in Japan
- Boing Boing: Wonderful Things
- Brendan: UNU OurWorld 2.0
- Chaobang's Travels
- Hiroko & Rick: Itadakimasu
- Jared B: Tokyo Green Space
- Joan: Popcorn Homestead
- John T: Temple Valley Times
- Jon: Toshogu or As I See Japan... From L.A.
- Justin B: The Rational Pessimist (Climate & Risk)
- Kat: Food Adventures in Japan
- Ken: adams guild in rural Aichi and Nagano
- MTC: Shisaku
- Mari: Watashi to Tokyo
- Otakimura: In The Pines
- P: Pacific Islander
- Peko Peko: Kyoto Foodie
- Richard H: Spike Japan
- Risa & Kirk: Savory Japan
- Robert: Pure Land Mountain
- Shizuoka Gourmet
- Ten Thousand Things
- Tom: Kitchen Garden in Japan
Links I Like
- NGOs: Amnesty
- NGOs: Consumers Union (US) Food
- NGOs: Consumers Union of Japan
- NGOs: Greenpeace
- NGOs: Greenz.jp
- NGOs: Japan Organic Agriculture Association
- NGOs: Japan Vegetarian Society
- NGOs: Japan for Sustainability
- NGOs: Organic Consumers Association (US)
- News: About Sweden in English
- News: BBC
- News: Der Spiegel (Germany) in English
- News: Deutche Welle
- News: Japan Agri News
- News: Kyoto Journal (Japan)
- News: Mainichi
- News: NHK World Society & Others (Japan)
- News: People's Daily (China)
- News: The Local (Sweden)
- News: Yonhap (Korea)
- Shops: Alishan Organic Center
- Shops: Eco to Waza (GreenJapan)
- Shops: Warabe Mura
- Stuff: Japan Probe