Bad idea: Lead in toys for kids



Toys by US company Thomas have been recalled due to lead in the paint. "Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects", notes the American Consumer Product Safety Commission, in charge of the huge recall.

Name of Products: Various Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Toys
Units: About 1.5 million
Importer/Distributor: RC2 Corp., of Oak Brook, Ill.

In other words, over a million toys were imported from China and noone paid attention until now?

I like wooden toys that don't have lead in the paint. Hey, lets do away with the paint alltogether. I know I do like this:



The products of the Take-g Toy’s are produced by a unique mixture of the traditional craft skill, or Yosegi-Mokuzougan, and modern designs
that optimizes original texture of high-quality material...

Comments

Pandabonium said…
I like the plain wood toys too. As a kid I had metal toys that were painted, but I never tried to eat them.

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa