Sweden ready for World Cup 2006

Sweden has qualified for the football World Cup in Germany next year. The one player I'd like to highlight is Henke Larsson. He is the only player in the Swedish national team who played in the great World Cup of 1994, when Sweden came third. He scored one of the "Golden Goals" against Romania, 5-4, and his 3-0 goal against Bulgaria in the bronze match is classic.

Henke has actually scored in four World Cups! In the Korea/Japan World Cup in 2002, he scored both in the matches against Nigeria and Senegal. Loking forward to seeing him again... Dagens Nyheter has a great photo of Henke's goal against Iceland.

In 2002, Henke had dreadlocks and looked like this!

But actually, the hero of the last qualifying game, against Iceland, was Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I have to tell you one thing! He went to my junior high school in Malmö, Rosengårdsskolan, so of course I'm happy.

Wow, Sweden will play against South Korea on November 12, I'm hoping I can see that game somehow. If you have any idea, let me know, ok?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Global Article 9 Conference to Abolish War

マーティンの鵜の目鷹の目 -世界の消費者運動の旅から

Salvador Dali, Hiroshima and Okinawa